Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Includes the diagnosis, treatment and prophylaxis of the diseases in the gastrointestinal system.
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Pathologies of the biliary tracts;
- Diseases of the esophagus and stomach;
- Intestinal diseases;
- Liver diseases;
- Pancreatic pathologies.
Hepatology is a discipline that treats and diagnoses the diseases in the liver and biliary tract.
- Viral hepatitis;
- Autoimmune diseases of the liver;
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis;
- Alcoholic steatohepatitis;
- Hereditary and metabolic diseases of the liver.